Pumping Gas Countdown - Girls Just Want to Shop!

I'm counting down the number of times I have left to pump gas into my Honda Odyssey minivan before our Tesla Model X arrives in June. Who likes stopping at gas stations to pump gas and shell out money? Not me! We ordered a 100D, so we will have PLENTY of range for my daily driving, and we'll be plugging in overnight to charge. While there is of course still the cost of electricity, albeit much less than gas even at $2.09 a gallon, there won't be that smelly inconvenience of pumping gas at the worst possible time. You know how it goes. You're running late, the kids are bickering, traffic is worse than expected and oh darn the gas light comes on. You knew you should have stopped for gas yesterday, but you just couldn't quite make yourself do it. No more! I don't think trips will be a problem either. Plugging in will coincide with necessary "convenience" breaks. And certainly in the beginning, it will be new and exciting. So the countdown to no more gas begins!

I was headed out shopping today with my friend, Michelle, and her daughter, Ariel. While I had some help, I videoed filling up at a Sheetz gas station. Ariel handled making the video while I pumped.

Gas today was $2.09 a gallon, and it usually takes me 17 gallons to fill up unless I am REALLY empty and then it might take 18. I really do try not to push it that close!


It cost we $35.48 today and was just shy of 17 gallons. Not bad, but only because gas prices have stayed so low. I only had around 280 miles on this tank. My gas mileage for local trips has been going down although for road trips it is still good near 380 miles on a tank.


She loves lip gloss, and I love that smile!


Michelle was decked out in her stylish new Tesla shirt. I got it for her for when we take our first shopping trip in the Model X. Everyone has to have the right shirt;-)


My birthday is Saturday, and Michelle and Ariel took me to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Yum!



I usually put gas in every 5 or 6 days with my current usage, so I expect about 5 more fill-ups before the Model X is here.

Our referral ID is:
https://www.tesla.com/referral/donald8803
If you want to save $1000 on your Tesla and help us get some cool rewards, please use it.

The video for this blog post can be found here or watched below.


Comments