Day 5 Tesla Ruby Supercharges and Autopilot on the Interstate



I really wanted to test out supercharging and to take Ruby on a road trip, so I talked my friend, Michelle, and her son, Devin, into driving with me to the supercharger in Warsaw, NC. It didn't take much effort. They were happy to check out the new car and to share in the experience.  Before you ask, lots of kids here are on different school schedules, and my boys are not out of school for the summer yet, otherwise they would have been with us too.

There are 4 superchargers "not far" from my house and roughly equidistant, but I picked Warsaw because I am already familiar with that exit location from all the times we've driven to/from the beach in my van.

The drive down was uneventful although I did use AutoPilot a lot including making lane changes. It worked well, and there are several video clips in this video that talk about Autopilot and show it in action.

My first supercharging experience was great. I mean, it wasn't smooth because it was my first time, but I didn't have any problems. At first I did't back far enough back. Easy to fix. I also didn't quite get the plug in correctly the first time, but that was also easily rectified.  Charging was lightning fast or so it seemed in comparison to home. That was obviously expected but still amazing.

Although we ran into some rain and Ruby got dirty, we had a safe and fun trip. I'm sure it's the first of many more to come!

Comments