Day 30 Tesla Ruby One Month Revew

Don’s Pros


Range on the 100D was worth the money for the security and convenience it provides. If you’re going to spend the money, you might as well put in the extra to get the 100D


At home charging with the UMC is super easy and convenient.


Love the back-up camera - first vehicle with one - how did we ever live without it?!?


Enjoy the convenience of the power doors including self presenting close feature.


Love the windshield for the view and not bothered by heat or sun.


Love traffic aware cruise control.


Love the Hold of the brake.


LOVE the acceleration...it’s instant and FAST!


Love the regenerative braking because one pedal driving is appealing to me.


The frunk is handy. I keep my straw hat there.


Don’s Cons


The X  is a big/wide  car!


Garage parking generates a lot of beeps.


The steering wheel diameter is fatter than I like.


The Self presenting door self presents at home in the garage to the point of annoyance and worry about wearing out the mirror motor.


Wish the frunk had auto close.


Wish the seat belt was motorized and part of the driver profile.


The turn signal is stiff, and I don’t like how it sounds.


More options on how to manage the mirror folding. More flexibility in lots of the control settings.


----

If ordering today, would get the 7 seat option with fold down second and third row seats.

***
Maryann’s Pros

Can’t make up my mind which I like more - the way the music sounds or the wide variety of music I can instantly steam. The only thing that keeps me from listening to even more, louder music is trying to make so many videos in the car where I have to turn the music off. It’s a happy car and driver and passengers with tunes going most of the time.

My back and tush are 100% comfortable in my seat. And, that’s both the driver and passenger seats. I could drive for days and be happy sitting there.

I LOVE the instant acceleration up until the point it gets me noticed by the police. Ask Joey what he thinks about mom accelerating when he’s in the front seat.

Love the hatch back. Been years since I drove my 1991 Acura Integra. Makes me feel like I have as much space for cargo as I did in my van.

I am still enamoured with the falcon wing doors. So far so good.

Still happy I chose red with white seats.

Maryann’s Cons

The car grabbing my phone’s bluetooth is more of an annoyance than a help because I dictate a lot of messages using the Google Hangouts or the iPhone messages apps, and it really slows down how fast I can start and stop dictating. Also, the actual dictation accuracy seems to have decreased due to the speed drag.

Auto grabbing my incoming calls is new to me. Sometimes it’s OK but mostly I’d just rather take the calls from my phone. Some people haven’t been able to hear me well going through the car.

The center console in the front is useless. There’s no room for my purse even though it’s not particularly large. I have all these devices with me including extra phones and cameras, and I end up using the area on top of the lower drink holders to keep them handy and thus making those drink holders unusable. With drinks in the upper holders, my elbow isn’t comfy. Don and I tried hand holding like we usually do on the trip to New  Bern, and that’s not comfy either.  I think a woman needs to design the next center console. Don tells me I am lucky I have the door storage now because the original S didn’t have that. I keep a white microfiber towel there and am constantly grabbing it to wipe stuff down.

I want hooks in the hatch back area so I can put in a net to keep things from sliding. Don has that in the Scion cargo area, and I really like it.

I want a built in dash cam front and back. It’s not easy to hide the wire in the front and with all those cameras in the car I should have access to the footage. It would make my life easier.

I want a watch word like Amazon Echo uses for inside and near the car on the outside if I have the key fob. It’s old school to have to press a button to tell the car to start listening to me. “Ruby, open the passenger door.”

I’m disappointed with the in the car user manual. It’s too brief on some topics and missing some information. We end up Googling what we need to know. I expect the car info to be the expert.

I am constantly fumbling around on Settings and Controls looking for the setting I want to adjust. It’s just not intuitive for me.

Trip planning from the couch should be easier. By that I mean I need it to take into account my battery pack, etc. The EV Trip Planner website is good but currently doesn’t support the X 100D and it’s an old school user interface.

Navigation is awkward in comparison to Google Maps on the phone. How can we turn off using tolls? How can we choose an alternate route? How can we look for restaurants along the way?

Comments