Day 37 Tesla Ruby Visits the Airborne Museum

Don, Johnny, and I visited the Airborne and Special Operations Museum today in Fayetteville, Joey stayed home.  Splatoon for the Nintendo Switch platform came out today, and he'd been looking forward to that for a long time.

The last time I was at the museum was 2007. It's a wonderful, free museum, but it hadn't changed much in 10 years. We spent about 2 hours walking around and reading the exhibits. I was impressed by how mature Johnny was studying and reading the signs. Several times he spotted something he felt was interesting and sought me out to share. I did the same with him a few times.

The ride was uneventful. It was about 42 miles and 50 minutes each way. No SC needed. The closest SC would have been in Lumberton which is a good ways farther in the "wrong" direction.

If you need a good air conditioned summer activity, this museum would be a good choice. There were several things I learned, great exhibits, and a wonderful refresher of American history.

The boys and I also did TKD and Joey and I played Pokemon. Johnny left TKD to spend the weekend with his dad.

Comments