Day 44 Tesla Ruby Johnny's Birthday at the Waterpark

I realize everyone is watching Model 3 coverage last night and now today (Day 45). This video was rendering at 2am as we finished watching Model 3 coverage on the East coast, so I went to bed. Who knows how many mistakes are in it because the amount of files was huge, and I was watching the Model 3 event as I worked on it. Donnie normally puts on headphones if I need to hear my clips as I process them, but we didn't do that last night. There were 4 sound tracks going at once from various YouTubers. What a wonderful, confusing work environment for my video workflow.

The only thing Johnny wanted for his 13th birthday was to go to a waterpark. We had been to Emerald Pointe Web 'n' Wild in Greensboro once before, and it's a great park. Carowinds has a wonderful waterpark too, but it's far enough away that we'd need to get a hotel and thus up the cost. So, Wet 'n' Wild is a great alternative to us. Michelle and kids went with me and the boys, and we had a wonderful time. I am gun ho to do everything and love doing these things with the kids. I did however hurt my tailbone on one of the slides. It was the dinky straight yellow open top one. You go down on your back and when you come out your butt hits first:-( Ouch! And that was the first slide we did...sigh. However, it didn't slow me down any, I just couldn't get off the couch last night without being in pain. This morning is better.

We drove my 2006 Honda Odyssey minivan to Greensboro instead of Ruby. One, we had 7 people and Ruby holds 6. Two, this way Ruby stayed clean. Don spent the day with Ruby installing my dashcam more permanently. I'll update on that on another day. Sorry for the lack of Tesla Ruby video coverage today, but we did see a Tesla S on the way over and on the way back.

Joey and Devin LOVED the huge wave pool. They kept putting themselves on the corners where the whirlpool action was. The water would spin the kids around or suck them under for just a few minutes and they loved it...over and over again. There is probably too much coverage of that in the video...sorry. To pass the time and be extra patient I just take more pics and vids:-)
My favorite was the open toboggan style slide called Raging Rapids. Fast and fun! Ariel and I did it again at the end as a double and then as a single.

Almost all of my videos and pics today are from a Kodak C123 Sports waterproof camera. Older tech and low video quality but oh so much fun at a waterpark. I think everyone should have some sort of water camera.

We ate at Smithfield's Chicken and BBQ on the way home. We do this as a treat often when traveling during school breaks. We can get a tailgate special and a few extras and feed the big crew. The staff brought over birthday balloons, and we sang happy birthday to Johnny.

Comments