Day 53 Tesla Ruby School Prep

Today was our last day of summer vacation. The boys go back to school tomorrow at their new school, WYMLA or Wake Young Men's Leadership Academy. Johnny starts 7th grade, and Joey starts 9th grade. This is a public school, but it's a magnet/early college one.

After an eggs and bacon breakfast, Joey and I headed south down to Angier to fight a Pokemon Go Moltres raid battle at the water tower. Unfortunately, the group disbanded before we got there. We ended up helping another group with a Blastoise raid battle nearby before we headed back to Fuquay to fight a Tyranitar raid battle.

Joey got the Tyranitar for Johnny. It ended up being his best CP Pokemon to date. I also need a Tyranitar but didn't get him.

A short while later, Don went with me to Holly Springs for yet another Tyranitar raid battle. Woo hoo! I got him! I enjoyed the ride out with Don.

Back at home, I did a time lapse of our hummingbird feeder. I used 1 second for 900 frames and then trimmed it to just the range of time the hummer was actually at the feeder. Unfortunately, even after slowing down the time lapse in WeVideo it is still a bit too fast. I'll keep experimenting. I am completely pleased with the time lapse capabilities of my VLOG camera, the Canon G7X Mark II.
http://amzn.to/2vd1L26

Don helped Joey repair a Color Game Boy Pokemon Gold cartridge. It needed a new battery. They used this YouTube video for the repair instructions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsROHA7RUCQ

Don also talked about the Time of Use (TOU) investigation he's been doing with our electric meter. He has been working to figure out what all the LED codes mean. Check out his spreadsheet. He now knows the date, time, total kWh, peak kWh, shoulder kWh, and off peak kWh codes.



He uses the kWh values to compare with our whole house energy monitors. We have two: Neurio and TED. They are all pretty close.



Neurio: http://amzn.to/2fll1GR
TED: http://amzn.to/2vcye8y

I had both boys try on their school uniforms today to check for any last minute issues. None. Johnny was quite handsome in his green polo, khakis, dark shoes, and belt I thought. On Wednesdays, they will have to have a white shirt, school tie, and dark blazer.

Comments