Day 67 Tesla Ruby Eclipse Ready

Don and I pulled out the eclipse glasses that I'd ordered and verified to the best of our ability that they are legit and safe. We have 10 pair, so we cut one pair up to create a hood for my camera. I tried one approach, and Don tried another. Of course Engineer Don had the winner. I'm glad I can safely take a few pictures. Today's video includes a few full sun shots and video too.

Raleigh is 93% of totality, and we are expecting mostly clear skies tomorrow at 93 degrees. Between 2:30 and 2:45 is the big show for us. We'll pick up the boys from school at 2:10 and drive south out of Raleigh for Fuquay. We'll pull over somewhere to check out the eclipse.

When we learned months ago that the eclipse was on a school day, we decided not to try to drive 150 miles or so to an area of totality. As it turns out, many of the places we could have driven to in SC tomorrow might be in the clouds. I'm content to stay put and avoid the crowds.

I am still trying to get over this darn cold. Now I have a pretty annoying cough. Frustrating. All I did this afternoon was drive around and catch some Pokemon. I tried to employ a few new techniques to capture video. Probably a bit too much nonverbal video today. Oh well.

For some reason, I got motivated to really cook this evening. I monitored the bird feeder with my camera as I made cheese stuffed chicken breast, zucchini corn quiche style casserole, and zucchini brownies. Yum! The boys were ALL pleased.

Link to SD card review for dashcams:
https://www.carcamcentral.com/guide/recommended-sd-cards-avoid-sandisk-ultra-cards

 What we bought:

 

Comments