Day 79 Tesla Ruby Safe From Hail

Don drove with me to take the boys to school this morning so that we could go buy a refrigerator afterward. Our GE Profile refrigerator is over 10 years old...maybe even 15. It is no longer cooling properly, so we really don't have a choice about getting a new one.

We intended to go to Home Depot and Lowe's to compare selection and prices. We did, and they were basically identical. At first we tried to steer clear of Samsung because we have had a lot of problems with our Samsung dishwasher. We were impressed with the no smudge finish on the Frigidaire side-by-side. I wanted no spill shelves...I've had spills before. Don was being careful about what would fit. We don't have the optimal space for a refrigerator, so things are tighter than we'd like.

In the end, we got the Samsung Flexzone with Showcase. There are 4 doors, and the lower right section can be used as a freezer or refrigerator. We don't keep many things in the house freezer since we have the garage chest freezer. We always need more refrigerator space. So, we'll use the Flexzone as a refrigerator.

We knew there could be severe weather this afternoon. We'd had showers on and off all day. Around 4:15PM the sky clouded up and I could hear thunder. We had left Ruby out on the driveway because the boys and I were headed back out to Tae Kwon Do. I figured I should pull Ruby into the garage just to be safe. Don and I were watching the 5PM news, and they were showing an approaching cell and warning for severe weather. By 4:54PM, it was pouring and it started to hail. But it wasn't just the little pea hail. It was golfball size hail. It was loud and scary, and I felt so helpless about what to do. I was worried about my cats although I knew the area under the dining room window where Tux had run was totally safe.

Within a few minutes, the hail was over, and we were counting our blessings. Michelle's house is  about 6 miles NE of us, and the storm went her way too. Scary times. The boys and I got pics of the hail

Comments