Day 960 Tesla Ruby Don's First Long EV Road Trip

Follow along with Don on his trip with Kyle to Austin using the PolarSteps app (or on the browser).

Follow me on my trip ‘Austin - 1st Long Distance Trip by EV’ at https://www.polarsteps.com/DonMiller2/3154730-austin-1st-long-distance-trip-by-ev?s=a8709507-982b-4e04-a6f4-58d1b40a144

So the guys took off shortly after 9am for an approximately 25 hour drive time trip with a planned stop somewhere in Alabama. Of course add in some meals while not charging and a drive through Auburn to tour Don's old house. They were on the road until about 11PM and stopped in Green Moss, AL.

I review their charging stops by showing some screen shots of the PolarSteps screen. I get a little smarter tomorrow and make a screen video to show everyone day 2's driving stops.

Meanwhile, I headed down to Dunn, NC to look for the Tesla Convoy Matchbox at the Wal-Mart there. I also stopped in at the local Smithfield's Chicken n BBQ to check out the destination charger. I'll have to go back for lunch with Don and Johnny. At 25mph charge rate, you could pick up 15-25 miles while you ate dinner.

I made it back home with enough time to spare to turn around and go to the Apex WM. I didn't have any luck in Dunn, but in Apex I finally found the Tesla Convoy Matchbox. I was SOOOO excited!

I got downtown to get Johnny no problems. We did robotics where we got the Formula 1 EV3 race car working. We also stopped at Hibachi and Company in Fuquay for dinner. Their meals are half the price of Kanki and just as good! Johnny also made his TKD class. It was a super busy day!

For more details and the expanded story, please check out the video below where we show you our daily journey with Ruby the Tesla Model X.

---

donald8803 is our referral code. If you feel like our videos helped with your decision to buy a Tesla, please consider using our code.
http://ts.la/donald8803 You can reach us at TeslaModelXJourney@gmail.com Instagram: TeslaModelXJourney Twitter: TeslaModelXJour
SmugMug: http://fotomom.smugmug.com

Comments